Whether it is being filled with juice, water, milk or your child’s favorite beverage, the sippy cup is a lifesaver when it comes to preventing spills.
There are quite a few styles to choose from and so many things to take into consideration when you’re choosing one: what the cup is made of, how durable it is, whether or not it is easy to clean and overall practicality of the cup.
In our guide below, we’ll be taking a close look at the top sippy cups with straws and provide you with the information you need to choose one.
Which is the best sippy cup with a straw? You’ll find it here!
Things to Consider
Here are a few things to take into consideration before you purchase a sippy cup:
- Material. Glass is a safe choice, but it is heavier and you need to be extra careful that you check the cup over thoroughly if it has been dropped in order to make sure it hasn’t cracked.
Plastic is the most common choice since it is lightweight and more cost efficient, but make sure that it is BPA (bisphenol A) free.
Stainless steel is another great option if you can find a cup with a quality straw.
- Straw. Speaking of straws, this is probably one of the most challenging parts of shopping for the straw sippy cup because so many manufacturers get the cup right and the straw all wrong.
If you like a cup but hate the straw, see if you can find another brand of straws that will fit it.
- Amount of Liquid It Can Hold. Another thing to check on is the maximum amount of liquid that the bottle can hold.
Some are smaller, great for younger users, and others are larger for older toddlers and “big kids.”
Top 6 Sippy Cups with Straws Table
Other Shopping Tips
Here are a few other useful tips to help you as you shop for the best sippy cup with straw.
- Replacement Straws. Be sure to see if the manufacturer has replacement straws that you can purchase separately.
Straws can get damaged with regular use and since they are hard to clean, it would be a good idea to replace them on a regular basis.
- Handles. Decide whether or not a cup with handles would be more convenient for your little one.
If they’re still not that good at grasping things firmly, then you should probably stick with a cup that has handles.
Older kids can probably handle a bottle with a straw without any issues.
- Cleaning Kit. There are some great cleaning kits designed specifically for sippy cups and even for those that have straws, so if you don’t already have something to help you reach into all of the nooks and crannies, we suggest you check out the OXO Tot Straw and Sippy Cup Top Cleaning Set.
Top 3 Best Sippy Cup with Straw Reviews
The First years Take & Toss cups are awesome. In terms of price, convenience and durability, they’re hard to beat!
These are very lightweight and simply designed: kind of like an iced lattè cup for adults that was shrunk down to a kid-friendly size.
The plastic is BPA-free, PVC-free and also free of phthalates.
Even though the name claims that they are spill-proof, this just isn’t true. If it falls over, some liquid will spill out. Not a lot, but some.
Overall, this is one of the best options for those of you looking for a simple, affordable sippy cup with a straw for your toddler.
If you’re in need of something a little more substantial, we suggest that you check out the next two products!
This bottle is great for anyone on the go. It has a handy hook loop that allows you to hook it to a stroller, diaper bag or backpack and the flip top lid helps keep the liquid inside the bottle when your child isn’t drinking from it (obviously if the top is open and it falls, then liquid will spill out, but when it’s closed, everything stays inside.)
While this does seem to be an excellent choice for many toddlers and parents, there are no replacement straws available for this particular brand and the straw is the one thing that seems to be a bit flimsy on this bottle.
The only thing you can do is try some a different brand of replacement straws to see if they fit.
For us, the best sippy cup with straw is definitely the Green Sprouts Glass Sip ‘n Straw cup.
This has an outer shield made from BPA-free plastic that protects the glass insert and what’s great about it is that Green Sprouts makes a variety of lids so that you can pick and choose the right one for your little one’s needs.
There are a variety of straws and spouts to choose from, and they use silicone for these straws and spouts as opposed to plastic. Safer and more durable!
We realize that this is a higher investment, but the fact that you can transform one bottle into different ones (thanks to the lids) makes it worth the investment in the long run.
This is an excellent brand and many are very happy that they purchased it!